Christmas is my favourite time of the year, where I can enjoy a glass of mulled wine, see all the Christmas lights and enjoy the festive food, but when it comes to Christmas shopping...well, you got me there! It's not just about planning what to get your family and friends, but also, what do you get the men who already have everything?!
I know some of you may think underwear is quite boring for a Christmas gift, but let me prove you wrong in this blog post. Men's underwear is no longer plain and unfashionable, there are brands that bring fun and quirky prints based on hobbies, animals and colourful prints and I have some of them to show you!
There are a few things to consider before buying underwear for him:
- Underwear size - Sizes can vary brand to brand. Check his underwear drawer to make sure you know his size.
- Underwear style - Does he prefer briefs, trunks, or boxer shorts.
- Hobbies/ Interests - Buy underwear related to his hobbies.
- Socks - Adding in a pair of socks is a great way to top off a gift for him.
- Gift Wrapping - Include a special gift wrap to earn extra brownie points.
Read Buying Gifts for Him Guide for more tips and advice.
Types of Men's Underwear
Underwear is the first item of clothing a man will put on every day, so it's important that he feels happy and comfortable. It's said that underwear is generally the last item a man will invest in, so it's worth you investing in them for him!
There are 4 main types of underwear styles:
- Briefs - Offer a snug fit. Sometimes called Y-Fronts. Popular with sportsmen as they don't ride up the leg.
- Boxer - Little support, good breathability. Loose cut with elasticated waistband.
- Trunk - Fit flush against the skin. Low cut waist. Short leg depth.
- Boxer Short - Fitted style with longer legs. Popular shape.
Top Christmas Ideas
I've picked out a couple of my favourite products from Knicker Locker that would make the perfect Christmas present for him. And for £4.95, you can even get a gift wrap box with a personalised message sent to him!
Jockey Active Underwear
Designed with quick drying fabric and mesh panels for odour control and freshness, these boxer shorts help keep him comfortable before, during and after exercise. Perfect for football fanatics, gym freaks and runners.
Shop Jockey Active >
Master Sushi Cat Boxer Short
Made from soft modal fabric with a printed jacquard waistband for a supportive and comfortable fit. Anyone fancy some sushi?
Shop Sushi Cat >
Skull Mexico Long Socks
Mix up his underwear drawer with these fun and vibrant long socks. Featuring multi-colour skulls and a black base.
Shop Socks >
Belair Boxer Short
Get these Fresh Prince of Belair inspired boxer shorts, designed with Soft modal fabric and an embossed stretch waistband.
Shop Belair >
Coco Boxer Short
Featuring 'no fade fabric' using soft stretch modal fabric to ensure a great look and feel after every wash.
Shop Coco >
Whether you're buying a Christmas present for your boyfriend, husband, father, uncle or friend, it's important to buy them something that they will love and make them smile. Why not start with a pair of boxer shorts!